The end of July found me in Ohio for my Aunt Janet's funeral. She's finally free of that ugly disease Cancer! After that, I found out that just a day earlier a May babies 2003 friend of mine lost one of her triplets to Leukemia the day before my Aunt passed. Talk about torture for that family. (Long story)
August found me:
- Preparing for a new school year at a new school at a new grade level
- Cleaning this said classroom because it was just NASTY!
- Having everything up and ready for the first day of school- tough job b/c there was SO MUCH cleaning to be done!
- Lil man having a week's vaca in Ohio w/ the folks and DG!
- Having the first day of school.... which brings this every so not simple part
First day of school-
---- started out great. Met my students, gave them the rules and we were off to a great start... then around 9:30----
- heart starts racing and I am feeling faint Take kids outside for recess... heart still beating like crazy...
- another teacher says, go to the nurse. I walk up to her office, she takes my BP it is ok, but not normal. Heart rate.... 140 beats per min. WTH!!!
- Sit in her office, chilled, sweating, and well, just not feeling right.
- About noon she and the principal rush me to the hospital..... Lucky me!
- Get to the hospital, sit in wheel chair, nurse starts vitals.... rips cuff and stuff off me and rushes me to room.
This is where it gets good:
- 1st EKG 250 BPM---- WTH!
- Doc comes in tries some really cool things, but no luck
- Doc orders meds, these meds stop the heart to get it back into a rhythm. Talk about scared!
- Heart stops for a second and starts right back up.
- I get to stay for a couple hours. OH THE JOY!!
- No work on the second day of school! WHAT??? Do you really know what you're asking here......
- Go to my dr. on Wed. Tells me the following-- no unusual stress, no heavy lifting, and no exercise programs! Oh Darn and I was going to join the gym that day..... NOT!.
- Go back to work Thurs and Fri. Then on Fri afternoon.... again something comes up!
- I was told, we need you to move schools b/c of numbers.... get this... BY MONDAY! WTH???
- I am not to be stressed--- oh ok
- I am not to lift heavy stuff-- who's going to do it???
- I am not to exercise---- who's going to take the stuff to my new school???
- Well, the latter two were taking care of the WONDERFUL maintenance staff @ my school district. They brought it to me. Thankful that one of my teacher friends packed all my stuff in less than an hour... WTG Jodi!
- New, school.... no stress.... YEAH RIGHT!
Now, it's September:
- The ex leaves for Afghanistan again... lil man is worried and sad
- Been trying not to catch that ugly flu virus that's been going around our school....
- Cardiologist said my heart is ok, the CVT won't kill me, however got to take it easy!
- Started the 3rd to last class for my masters!!!!!!!!
- Graduation is getting closer and closer!!!!
- Birthday's galore of my friends of this month!! One is turning 40--- sssshhhhhh
- Trip to OHIO to see DG and family b/c I've been out of HS now for 20 years.... WHAT 20 years how is that possible?????
- My birthday and birthday's of many friends
- Halloween!!! Last trick-o- treat w/ my best bud, Rachel and her kids. Her hubby has been transferred to Ft. Campbell for Feb. :( Stupid Army!
More to come----- Hopefully I will get some more information out there and quicker this time. I am also on Facebook, MySpace, and I might just look into Twitter...... we shall see!