03 April 2020

I am back and ready to blog again! 

COVID-19 rocks world!
Just a quick update... since 2012...

Let's see...2013- Still teaching and still married. Johnathan turns 10 and Lee's son Logan comes to live with us. He's from California!
2014- Pretty much the same--- Johnathan turns 11 Logan turns 12. Both boys finish elementary school!
2015- WOW what a year! Boys started MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!! I get to go to Ron Clark Academy for professional development, see my goddaughter play soccer, meet her sister's boyfriend, and see my best friend. Hubby and I got to sneak away for the weekend!!! Charleston, SC!
June 2015- My school- my little country school closes 😢
Packing up 6 years of memories is hard and tiring. Heading across town to merge with another school that has closed.
July 2015- Met my new principal, moved into my new room and started to mold it to what I wanted! Just not a new building!
School year 15-16- Uneventful, stressful, and nothing really notable. Boys moved to 7th grade.
School year 16-17- Fourth grade again--2 different teammates during the year! Good kids overall. Principal and AP leaving!! Nothing notable, uneventful, and still stressful! Lee started dialysis due to kidney failure! SIGH. 
School year 17-18- Moved to 5th grade- New principal, a friend joins the staff, and VERY STRESSFUL!! Not the year I wanted nor desired. Was moved to the middle school for the next school year!
School year 18-19- 6th grade Math and SCI!! Had some of the same kids from the previous year! It was good overall. Kids definitely different. 2 principals that year! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE middle school!!!
School year 19-20- Well, here we are! Moved from a 2 man team to 4 man team!! Teaching JUST SCIENCE!!! I love my team! We work well together. Kids are very bold and brazen! They try to tell us what they are going to do and not do! HA! 
November 19- I found out my dad had brain cancer- CANCER SUX! I went home for Thanksgiving to see him!
December 19- Go home for Christmas. It might be his last one!
January 2020- Dad goes into hospital b/c he has pneumonia. Sad!!
Late January 2020- Dad comes home, I go to stay for 8 days b/c he's declining fast. It is bad.
Feb 2020- Daddy left his earthly body here on Feb.13. Family heads from NC to Ohio!
March 2020- Still trying to get my groove back from missing almost a month of work. Kids going crazy not wanting to work.
14 March 2020- Without warning, without a single word---- Schools closed due to Corona Virus or COVID-19! 3 weeks they say... minimum!
Starting 16 March 2020- teachers reporting to the school building to plan and help hand out lunches to kiddos. Did what I had to do! Created packets for 2 weeks for my babies.

Week of March 23-27- worked from home b/c my boys had class too! Also started a flowerbed in memory of my Daddy.  Chatted with students in Google chat, did a couple Google meet sessions with students, and worked on new material. 
SCHOOLS NOW CLOSED UNTIL MAY 15, 2020!!  WHOA?!?!?

Week of March 30-April 3- SPRING BREAK!!! OH YEAH!!! PSYCH!!!! NC is now "Sheltering in Place" due to COVID-19 as of March 30! OH JOY!

Perks of being home--SLEEP on Spring Break, not as stressed, assisting my 2 HS Juniors with work-- what I can, and watching things grow! OH, and spending time w/ my doggies!

I am going to make it a concerted effort not to be gone another 8 years. I think I am going to blog about our new normal for the next month or so.

Today, April 2- Gas was 1.75 at Wal-Mart, we've been sheltering in place now for 4 days, didn't leave the house all day today, and went on 2 walks with my doggies! Loved it!

Hope you all are staying safe, social distancing, and being smart!




1 comment:

Mr. Shife said...

It is good catching up with you and I hope you keep up the blogging. My condolences to you about your dad. I am terribly sorry. Take care.